Wednesday 13 February 2013

Montagne Jeunesse Facemasks!

I hadn't tried a facemask since I was much younger and going through that stage where my face would be spotty one minute, and the next completely dry, and would try anything in attempt to sort it out. I'd heard about a number of ranges creating facemasks, so assuming that it'd just be the packet ones I'd seen a lot of when I was younger, this didn't excite me.

However seeing a number of reviews, they seem a lot more...professional? I never really saw facemasks as things that did more than 'making your skin a bit softer', however there are various ones for various reasons now. Saying that, the prices were much out of my reach, only being a student, so I opted for a much cheaper alternative. Seeing the Montagne Jeunesse ones around a lot in the past, but never trying them, I picked out a couple for £1 each; Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Masque and Montagne Jeunesse Mud Pac Dead Sea , and myself and my sister tried one each.


I first helped Zoe apply hers, which was the Dead Sea Mud Pac, and it smelt gorgeous, really fresh and like any other Dead Sea product I'd tried before. It went on nice and smoothly and there was plenty. I then applied mine (the chocolate one) and it was a little thicker, but again had plenty, and it also smelt very chocolatey! It said on the packet to wait 10-15mins, or when dry, so I just waited til it was dry.



I took it off with a damp flannel, and although it took a while to make sure it was all off, it didn't need to be scrubbed or anything. When dry, my face felt soft and fresh, and my pores were a lot less noticeable, something I never used to really care about when using facemasks before. My skin can get really dry in the winter, and this also seemed to really moisturise as well, taking away the dry looking skin around my nose and cheeks that I can never quite get rid of in the cold weather. Zoe told me hers felt the same; really fresh and moisturised with her pores less noticeable.

All in all, I'm really pleased with them, and will be using them a lot more often, especially if they make my skin feel this nice at such a low price. Definitely worth it!

7 comments:

  1. I used to use these when I was a young teenager when I had sleepovers and I used to love them, so I bought myself one today! :) I had a bit of a haul, oops but I enjoyed writing the post! I'm a new follower :D

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk - maybe you could check it out if you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them around a lot and never tried them, which I completely regret now-they're so nice! Thanks for following and commenting :) Of course I will check yours out as well! xxx

      Delete
  2. I used to use these a lot as a teenager :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must of been one of the only ones not to! Haha. Followed, great blog :)

      Delete
  3. I use to love these xx

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure I deprived myself when I was younger, since most people seem to have used them! Checked it out and entered! Love your blog :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love these face masks, perfect for a pamper evening xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete